JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are seeking a Controller for the JBS Imports division.
JBS Imports is one of the largest meat importers in North America, handling approximately one quarter of all beef and smallstock shipments to the region. We service customers in North America with direct sales for imported meat from Australia, New Zealand, Central and South America and Europe. With offices across the USA and Canada, we access the finest meat products from JBS Australia and other reputable suppliers of beef, lamb, mutton and goat meat.
- Responsible for all accounting aspects of JBS Imports including; P&L estimates, period close journal entries, business analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, deductions and claims processing.
- Provide Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Close month end books. Post journal entries and create balance sheets
- Manage and assist the accounts payable, deductions, and claims teams.
- Resolves any escalated issues with customers, vendors, employees or others
- Assist as needed with teams to determine proper procedures or resolutions to issues. Ensure separation of duties are maintained.
- Create of fix Excel worksheets, templates, or reports as needed.
- Other analysis or financial/accounting duties or projects as needed
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA Qualified
- Accounting experience
- Experience with SAP and cost accounting systems preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience with managing staff
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to details, and good research skills
- Great organization and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, works well with people and good listener.
- Excellent skills in Excel required