The primary responsibility of this role is the coordination and completion of major capital projects on time, safely and in budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage current Plant capital projects from initiation to completion.
- Manage major capital projects.
- Assists with overall management of capital budget for the plant and ensure financial policy is being followed as it relates to capital project management.
- Must be knowledgeable in all areas of OSHA’s process safety management and EPA’s risk management program (RMP) requirements.
- Work with operations team to generate layout drawings, gather competitive bids, coordinate installation of equipment, track invoices and payments.
- Establish and track key performance indicators (KPI’s) for plant PSM coordinators.
- Will be required to attend and pass training courses in PSM and Ammonia Operator I.
- Responsible for coordinating plant compliance with process safety management (PSM) regulation.
- Arrange to have appropriate records prepared and maintained
- Attend meetings as needed or called
- Perform various other duties as needed or as assigned
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Manage total capital spend and project timelines including line and plant startups.
- Owns the commercialization process during the planning and execution phases.
- Owns the handoff from project team to Plant operations.
- Frequent communication with all plant departments as well as external vendors
- Organized and detail oriented
- Manage priorities and dynamic deadlines
- Efficient time management and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and math skills
- Intermediate ability in Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Computer skills, including knowledge of spreadsheets, and AutoCAD.
- Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels both internal and external
- First shift, flexible as required, Weekend hours as needed
- 50 – 100% Travel required depending on project status
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Construction or related field
- Five years’ experience in current field or 10 years in relatable field
- SAP knowledge beneficial
- Knowledge of food industry preferred