R&D LAB TECHNICIAN I
Job Title: R&D Technician
Location: Booneville, MS
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
This position will serve as a company resource in sample testing, creation and management. This position must work closely with Production Plants, Marketing, Sales, and other cross functional team members in Plumrose to successfully implement new products, optimize current products, and showcase our current capabilities to the sales team. This position will primarily be responsible for completing slice testing and making sales samples.
- Leads all sales sample creation. Manages requests and plant scheduling to ensure timelines and deliverables are met
- Effectively manages projects through planning, testing, organizing and coordination to ensure projects are completed within required deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently, is able to prioritize projects, and possesses the ability to call out priority conflicts between a variety of business initiatives
- Maintains positive, productive relationships with Research & Development, Manufacturing, Procurement, Marketing, Procurement, Sales and suppliers.
- Contributes to the development of departmental objectives, standard operating procedures and policies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Two+ years of food manufacturing experience; meat manufacturing preferred. Or Bachelor’s Degree with no food manufacturing experience.
- General knowledge of food science, processing and manufacturing, preferred.
- Must be comfortable working autonomously and driving projects to completion with minimal oversight.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office's Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and still meet critical project milestones.
- Ability to present conclusions and recommendations to management team.
- Effective communication including face to face interactions, written/electronic updates and full technical reporting and recordkeeping.
- Ability to travel between 5-10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Food Manufacturing operations
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Plumrose USA is an equal opportunity employer.