The Operations Manager oversees all processing operations for the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with development of organization related to attainment of operating goals and related policies, and best practices, and attainment of operating goals.
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate managers/supervisors, department activities in the facility.
- Well versed with USDA policies, practices and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with managers/supervisors to obtain data required for planning activities such as capital projects, new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Assigns or delegates responsibility for specified work or functional activities and disseminates policy to managers/supervisors.
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Coordinates activities of departments to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budget.
- Prepares reports and records on location activities for management.
- Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing location objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
EDUCATION: Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a related field; however, additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
- Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of directly related experience in a poultry processing plant to successfully perform the duties of this job. Experience in both fresh and further processing preferred.
- Must have full understanding of USDA, OSHA and other federal and state requirements for a poultry processing environment.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Proven ability to motivate and accomplish results through others.
- Experience in both union and non-union facilities preferred.