KITCHEN/LABORATORY TECHNICIAN II
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K., and the capacity to process 45.2 million birds per week. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs nearly 51,300 people, and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in Greeley, Colorado at the JBS Corporate Headquarters.
The Kitchen Technician position is a foundational part of the Pilgrim’s culture to support a team towards consumer led, culinary inspired, and scalable innovation. This position will support a new world class model towards Culinology, starting with KITCHEN MANAGEMENT, streamlining the PILOT PLANT SUPPORT of new products, delivered through a best in class CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE.
- Accountable for kitchen cleanliness and daily sanitation.
- Organize daily scheduling of the kitchen space and equipment needs.
- Maintain a culture of safety best practices and SOPs.
- Manage ingredient inventories of dry and perishable goods.
- Assist with pantry ordering, ingredient shopping, and small-ware purchases.
- Responsible for daily receiving of incoming products and ingredients.
- Schedule and execute logistics for internal sensory testing
Pilot Plant Support
- Execute R&D testing protocols for bench top prototype development.
- Assist cooking instruction / validation testing needs of new products.
- Share pilot plant cleaning and organizational needs
- Coordinate kitchen logistics and hospitality efforts with customer visits.
- Facilitate FOH customer needs with Sales and Marketing team partners.
- Assist off-site customer experiences alongside culinary and R&D team.
- Prior experience in a professional kitchen or other culinary environment (food processing) required.
- Prior food safety experience a plus.
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Strong sense of urgency; able to pivot to changing business needs
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong food safety background through experience with a facility under USDA, FDA, Local health department or through other training.
- Must be able to handle physical activity which includes the following: lift minimum 50 lbs. and stand on your feet for long periods of time (4-6) hrs.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- High school diploma or equivalent a must, college credits a plus, associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.