SENIOR MANAGER - CATEGORY MANAGEMENT & INSIGHTS
The PowerPlants Co. is fully funded Plant-Based Protein start-up in Boulder County, CO. It’s an investment by the JBS Company, the world’s largest protein producer and the second largest food company in the world.
PowerPlants is growing its team and is looking for talented and driven professionals to be based in our new office anticipated to be in Louisville, CO or Lafayette, CO who will help build the best plant based protein company in the world.
As a Sr Manager of Category Management you will lead The PowerPlants Co insights group and work closely with sales, marketing and product development to accelerate category sales and share of our key brands in retail and food service through category and consumer insight support in alignment with our strategy. In this role, your other focal points would also include a full spectrum of data analysis, consumer and category insights, assortment, and merchandising recommendations using category management principles to exceed targets.
You will play a critical role as the category and customer expert to retailers, as well as category expert within the sales and marketing teams.
Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Integrate Category Management Principles and Consumer/Shopper Insights to achieve consistent sales growth, share targets, and profitable category/aisle growth strategy.
- Evaluate and plan assortment selections to the Customer by providing fact based category insights and shelf recommendations within key categories.
- Utilize Customer Specific Data to support brand and customer strategy.
- Utilize available technology (IRI, IRI Gateway, AC Nielsen, Microsoft Office) and other resources to track, analyze, and evaluate internal and external business (channel and consumer) trends and offer actionable insights to achieve category/aisle business growth goals.
- Evaluate promotional activities and recommend growth and efficiency improvements.
- Incorporate fact-based consumer and shopper insights to provide recommendations related to the plant-based protein categories
- Analyze new item sales to track performance against objectives.
- Analyze account specific POS or available syndicated data and provide relevant recommendations to achieve share of shelf, market share, merchandising flow, and promotional objectives.
- Support and provide thought leadership to achieve share of shelf targets and succeed in points of distribution negotiations.
- Utilize Space Planning skills to build recommended POG with annual reviews/New Items launches, and execute item assortment optimization to achieve distribution, share of shelf, and shelf layout goals.
- Evaluate current category management strategies on assigned businesses.
- Continually develop consumer and category insights.
- Provide visionary leadership to identify business opportunities/solutions for short and long term business decisions.
- Provide category, segment, consumer, and product intelligence to marketing team through retail visits/in-market knowledge of specific customer, as well as competition.
Education, Experiences, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Training and experience in the following areas: Highly developed Presentation skills, Interpersonal Skills, Negotiation Skills, Sales skills, Time Management, Project Management
- Experience: 5+ years CPG relevant experience, Category Manager or Analytics, internal or field based
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, advanced Excel skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and organize information from syndicated data sources to develop meaningful insights with solution recommendations
- Technical skill set including Shipment and Consumption analytics experience
- Solid understanding of category and customer management, and Working knowledge of retail operations to help make strategies come alive at retail
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners at various levels
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills with ability to influence external parties
- Must have ability to travel 25% to 40% of the time
- Plant Based Protein or Meat experience strongly preferred