SENIOR INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER
Planterra Foods is a fully funded plant-based protein start-up. It’s an investment by the JBS Company, the second largest global food company and the world’s largest protein producer.
We are building our team and looking for talented and driven professionals for a Senior Engineer role based in Lafayette, CO who will help us create the best plant-based protein company in the world.
- Able to communicate and work with all levels of plant personnel.
- Innovations, new technology, improve design of existing systems.
- Develop, install and maintain equitable standards. Work includes the establishment of the format to be used in the development of standards data, crewing guides, reconciliation reports, and the use of work-sampling techniques to resolve questions of operator utilization or performance.
- Measures variances to standards, identifies out of control variances, investigates reasons, and suggests solutions, installs, and follows up.
- Implement method improvements reducing cost of production and track to strive for budgeted goal.
- Develops and maintains daily/weekly labor efficiency report.
- Responsible to track project spending.
- Educates plant personnel on work measurements and assists corporate with labor initiatives.
- Create annual Capex plan while understanding available capability within JBS.
- Attend plant trial runs and line start-ups.
- Coordinate efforts of contractors involved with finishing construction of new or redesigned areas for plant facility while managing projects being on time, on budget and to specification.
- Lead efforts pertaining to design and layout of special projects.
- Obtain competitive bids for future projects.
- Assign necessary personnel to designated areas for completion of projects.
- Arrange to have appropriate records prepared and maintained.
- Attend meetings as needed or called.
- Frequent communication with maintenance, purchasing, production, storeroom, and other.
- Participates at initiation phase of new production lines to assist in design for cost-effective manufacturing.
- Prepare detailed layouts of plant facilities to optimize utilization and product flow.
- Persistent and positive attitude at all times. Have the ability to recognize and maneuver around obstacles to get the job done.
- Performs various other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 8 years of industrial engineering experience
- Prior experience working in a processing plant required
- Predetermined Time Software (EASE) experience beneficial
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office
- Willing to travel to plants 50% of the time