MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
JBS is looking for an enthusiastic and determined Market Development Manager for our Sampco/Weddel Imported Foods Business Unit. This position will be based in Quebec Canada.
The Market Development Manager is primarily responsible for driving business-to-business marketing/sales strategies and initiatives to support the business goals.
- Develop growth strategies and execution plans based on information obtained from leadership, sales teams, customers, and consumers to drive increased sales.
- Identify market opportunities through analysis of market and sales data, balancing with current production capabilities.
- Monitor industry, customer, and consumer trends to stay up-to-date on competitive landscape and identify opportunities.
- Have the ability to identify key attributes to help further differentiate prepared foods in the marketplace.
- Contribute to new product development and packaging design/specifications to capitalize on consumer demand and market opportunities, creating and revising product packaging as required.
- Collaborate extensively with Sales to understand market/channel differences to support Sales with resources needed to drive profitability.
- Work with key customers to develop marketing plans and support partner relationships.
- Travel within Canada and to Brazil as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- Master’s degree is favorable.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing/sales of consumer products required.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to set realistic timelines for project completion.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; Portuguese a plus.
- Innate attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent creative and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of taking on P&L responsibilities in the future.