SUPERVISOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
POSITION SUMMARY: This 4 to 6 month Supervisor-training program will provide you with rotational work experience in a challenging and collaborative environment. During the training program, trainees will have the opportunity to experience various disciplines and areas of interest, while also exploring the foundations of the business at the plant level. The program focuses on giving participants the skills they need to read complex situations, set innovative strategies, and execute those strategies with integrity and effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Trainees will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects designed to provide a meaningful return on investment to Pilgrim’s
- Trainees will receive key learning objectives to complete during each rotation
- The last couple of months of the program will provide hands-on supervisor training with the intention of preparing trainee for final placement in a supervisor role
- There will be several leadership and process training sessions throughout the program to develop your leadership skills as well as your people and process management skills to include two week long trips to the Corporate HQ in Greeley, CO
- Other duties as required by management and supervisor.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Associate Degree or Bachelor of Science is required for External candidates; Internal candidates-NOT required
- 3 years of work experience in a related field is preferred
- Considerable skills in Excel and Word
- Considerable skill in oral and written communication
- Considerable leadership skills
- Considerable problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Marked ability to analyze and respond to production issues involving production processes
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.