Primarily responsible for organizing, implementing and maintaining the facility OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) and EPA Risk Management Program (RMP) for our Ammonia refrigeration in compliance with federal, state and local laws. Support capital investment in refrigeration systems (expansion, reliability improvement, …). Drive standards and specification for refrigeration systems at all locations.
Utilizing specialized skill set to support in the maintenance and optimal operating condition of a variety of equipment. Schedule, conduct and track the status of compliance audits, mechanical integrity, hazard analyses, incident investigation and other action items and recommendations, as well as keeping facility management informed of compliance status. Be informed and aware of refrigeration projects at the plant. Facilitate management of change (MOC) documentation, contractor qualification process and conduct incident Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations. Assist the Engineering team with projects throughout the facility. Assist in the installation and start-up of new refrigeration equipment and processes. Using specialized skill sets, performs corrective maintenance and emergency maintenance on Ammonia system equipment to maximize equipment up-time. Troubleshoot and resolve advanced equipment mechanical/electrical issues within specialized the ammonia. Maintain document management system, hard copy and electronic, for all PSM / RMP records. Written and verbal communications with refrigeration operators, facility Engineering and Maintenance management, corporate EHS, and others as required in communicating the status, needs, and any necessary information regarding PSM and RMP programs. Develop and implement training programs consistent with RMP / PSM requirements and lead PSM Team meetings. Develop and implement plans, programs, processes and documented procedures for Ammonia refrigeration programs. Capable to assist with the duties of other Maintenance Mechanics and plant personnel. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma with additional technical training in Ammonia refrigeration (GCAP, RETA, etc.) is required. 4-year mechanical engineering degree is preferred.
- RETA Certification is required, minimum 5 years’ experience in a PSM/RMP environment with Ammonia refrigeration.
- Minimum of (5) years’ experience in advanced mechanical troubleshooting/repair skills and/or specialized training.
- Have working knowledge in AutoCAD and be able to build / modify drawings in AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to withstand walking, lifting, bending, stooping, climbing ladders, walking on roofs and working in confined spaces
- Effective communicator
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings and technical specifications
- Ability to read and understand complex regulatory requirements
- Ability to conform to all OSHA, PSM, HAZMAT and Publix safety programs and regulations
- Basic knowledge in AC/DC electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to build and manipulate data in Excel and build templates for use by others.