- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and company policies on industrial safety and health.
- Assist the complex safety manager and management team in setting standards for personal protective equipment and machine guarding. Work with the Occupational Health Department to help develop our ergonomics program.
- Assist in approving designs for new and modified equipment and inspect such equipment before putting into operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Minimum of five years related experience in poultry or meat processing plant
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office); SAP experience preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions
- Must be able to work flexible days/hours when needed