Position Title: Plant Controller
Location: Green Bay, WI
Salary Class: Exempt
Title of Supervisor: Heidi Harrison
Purpose & Scope: Accountable for all financial aspects and controls of the plant
Principle Responsibilities: List and describe (in order of importance) the specific tasks, assignments, level of discretionary authority and/or functions performed.
- Ensure optimum performance of the function. Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies and ensure effective controls.
- Lead the accounting and purchasing teams at the plant and manage all accounting functions- these include cattle payables, invoicing, budgets, expense reporting, inventory reconciliation, weekly P&L reporting and variance analysis, capital spending and payback analysis, as well as other numerous daily, weekly and monthly management reports
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual financials and associated requirements accurately and timely
- Provide financial expertise to the general manager and plant management team – provide insights into profitability
- Collaborate with cross functional departments to problem solve and establish procedures and action plans to achieve targeted results
- General office environment
- Production setting
Requirements: Describe necessary knowledge or skills, and type and amount of formal schooling, and work experience normally required to obtain these. Do not describe your own particular background.
Education: B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience: At least 5-10 years accounting experience
- Computer skills and good interpersonal skills a must
- Through knowledge of Accounting principles and procedures
- Prior Meat Cost Accounting or Plant Controller experience
Internal: Daily communication with other departments and corporate
External: Communication with external auditors and suppliers and customers
- Accounting Manager and team
- Purchasing Manager and team