Pilgrim’s is currently seeking a night shift Sanitation Manager for our Mt. Pleasant TX facility.
This position will be responsible for directing the cleaning and sanitizing of the plant to maintain conformance to USDA standards within a schedule to ensure maximum operating time. May direct two or more supervisors. Duties include scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of work as a Manager (or equivalent) over Assistant Managers and/or Supervisors. Has approval authority of personnel actions such as hirings, terminations, and disciplinary actions.
• Oversees daily operations of the sanitation department at a plant or complex.
• Complies with, understands, and enforces all company policies and standards.
• Supervises, trains, and develops sanitation employees.
• Assists in performing regular housekeeping audits.
• Develops sanitation procedures according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), USDA, and FDA regulations for all sanitation tasks.
• Maintains GMP provisions and monitors employee practices that relate to cleanliness, sanitation, and pest control.
• Conducts safety training to comply with OSHA regulations and company standards.
• Develops and implements new methods, procedures, and systems to improve sanitation performance.
• Maintains all pertinent records, reports, and other paperwork as needed.
• Partners with production and maintenance resources to meet plant objectives.
• Minimal, if any, travel is required.
• Minimal, if any, on-call time is required.
• Routine exposures to significant levels of unpleasant heat, cold, moisture, and air conditions. May involve exposure to chemical substances and risks of minor nature cuts, bruises, and burns.
- 5 years Sanitation experience in a related field.
- 5 years supervisory or managerial experience preferred.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to work other days/hours as needed.
Educational Requirement: High School Diploma/GED; Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a related field.
Pilgrim's is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.