C-SHIFT RENDERING SUPERVISOR
The Rendering Supervisor is responsible for managing hourly production employees on assigned shift to ensure production guidelines are being met within established timing, quality, and cost standards. This position has emphasis on semi-skilled operations, quality assurance and troubleshooting. Must possess a high level of technical proficiency to assist operators in problem solving while exercising considerable judgment, and have the ability to supervise the production process.
- Maintain safety/ergonomic programs to ensure a safe working environment.
- Perform daily walk around visual inspection for the department to observe for unsafe acts or conditions and take immediate action where necessary.
- Train employees to ensure safe operating procedures are followed, including lock-out/tag-out.
Product Quality/Food Safety:
- Maintain desired product quality and safety.
- Maintain adequate knowledge of product and equipment to ensure ability to direct employees to perform the job properly.
- Monitor daily to ensure HACCP and USDA standards are being met. Take corrective action where necessary.
- Provide leadership to Crew Leaders and hourly employees.
- Conduct line meetings to address questions and concerns.
Maintain or Exceed Goals on Yields and Efficiencies:
- Work weekly with Operations Managers and/or supervisors to become familiar with yields and variances, methods of calculations, typical problem areas, and methods of corrections and improvement.
- Communicate with employees daily to discuss work assignments.
Continuous Improvement of Product Costs:
- Perform daily checks to ensure that standards are being met.
- Take necessary steps to ensure downtime is maintained at the lowest possible level, trace and analyze key product result measures for improvement opportunities.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred in any discipline, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
* Ability to gain a working knowledge of SAP, KRONOS and other required software.
* Excellent analytical and technical skills, including a strong knowledge of fundamental math skills required to compute and understand yields, efficiencies, etc.
* Knowledge of Internet, Word, Excel and other processing software.
* Ability to handle a very fast paced work environment. Experience in a food processing and/or manufacturing environment is preferred.
* Must have excellent organizational skills.
* Must be able to exhibit confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
* Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, and respond to management direction.