REGIONAL SALES MANAGER- RETAIL- MIDWEST
Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K., and the capacity to process 45.2 million birds per week. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs nearly 51,300 people, and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in Greeley, Colorado at the JBS Corporate Headquarters.
We are looking for a Pilgrim’s Regional Retail Sales Manager that has ownership qualities and will grow the relationships and growth of customers.
This position will be based in the Upper Midwest Region in a remote office (home office). The territory covers: MN, WI, IA.
- Establish sales relationship with Supervalu, Target, with annual volume of 50 million pounds.
- Establish sales relationship with distributors.
- Manage Broker office in each market to establish growth goals and implement strategy to accomplish those goals.
- Delegate and follow through on sales plans to broker reps that call on independent distributors and corporate account distributors.
- Review weekly analytics and conduct weekly meetings with each broker market to measure results and adjust strategy.
- Negotiate program agreements with top accounts and distributors.
- Plan, Schedule, Develop, and Execute sales trainings and new product introductions with Broker offices, Distributors, and Top customers.
- Knowledge of retail item offering and product capability, and current price list.
- Regular collaboration with Head of Retail Sales to review and update strategies and initiatives.
- Accept ownership of Sales Objectives and all facets of our business that impact sales growth and management.
- Work in Tandem with Pilgrims Corp office to develop and be responsible for margin realization.
- Be informed about and communicate market and industry changes that will affect our performance and growth.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; can be substituted for related experience
- Must be able to travel
- 5+ years' experience in retail food sales required
- Protein (poultry) experience preferred
- Ability to represent Pilgrims and sell our brand and corporate mission
- Negotiation skills
- Basic computer skills-Microsoft Office
- Collaborative/Accountable/Results driven/ Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Analytical and process oriented
- Able and willing to communicate effectively
- Desire to Win