SR DIRECTOR OF SALES
Director of Sales –Publix Team
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a strong leader for our Director of Sales role for our Publix team. This role will be a remote position in FL reporting into our headquarters in Greeley, CO.
- Provides day-to-day supervision of activities including manpower planning and motivation.
- Ensures sale objectives are met within company strategies to achieve volume, invoice dollars, profit and share objectives. Maintains coordination with integral company functions and business units.
- Advise Publix concerning sales and marketing techniques.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and to assist Publix in promoting sales.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, and price opportunities to grow business.
- Recommends product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Meets with key clients, maintaining relationships, negotiations, and in closing deals.
- Manage relationships at all levels within Corporate Publix BU’s
- Provide business plan for 3-5 years with Customer and Internal Members.
- Supports innovation planning by communicating customers’ needs to influence new product concept development, pricing and distribution goals setting.
- Analyzes seasonal trends and consumer purchasing data to influence key business decisions including SKU rationalizations.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 7-10 years of Retail experience (Broad exposure to multiple Customers a plus).
- Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written skills a must.
- Ability to navigate individual business line focus (Multiple Business Unit personnel and Field Teams), while aligning Pilgrim’s initiatives with Customer strategies and goals to win in the marketplace.
- Proven excellence in negotiations.
- Ability to analyze syndicated data and provide insights. Experience with category management and implementation with retail sets a plus for achieving Customer and Pilgrim’s goals.
- Retail perishable Fresh Meat or other commodity experience preferred but not required.