WPL GENERALIST - NIGHTS
POSITION SUMMARY: The Production Generalist is responsible for preforming a variety of production centered tasks to support the production of value added poultry products. This position is intended to increase skills in preparation for advancement into posted positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Learn and train to back up duties for Utilities, , etc.
- Fill in and cover duties for Utilities, Leadperson, Ossid Operator etc. when people are absent or on PTO.
- Participate in job correlations/audits and SOP reviews and revisions.
- Communicate real time results to processing support on the floor.
- Through communication with Process Leads, monitors quality standards of product making necessary adjustments when needed
- May be asked to rotate to positions that require data collecting and record keeping
- Rotation between tasks and departments may be required.
- Follows all work safety policies/guidelines.
- Processes product using tools and equipment provided in accordance with USDA and Pilgrim’s product standards and procedures.
- Observes equipment operation notifying appropriate personnel of any malfunctions and/or safety issues and concerns.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Processes product according to operating procedures and quality/quantity expectations.
• Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
• Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
• Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
• Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- High School or GED is strongly preferred• Minimum of 6 months’ work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment• Ability to pass the Prove-It test
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Basic data entry skills preferred
- Ability to communicate questions and concerns effectively to maintenance and/or leadership
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to obtain a pallet jack operator license/certificate
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.