BI/ DATA ENGINEER
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
JBS is looking for a Data Engineer at our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO that will partner with our Pilgrim’s poultry sales and marketing team.
This role will lead integration of external vendor data, evaluate new solutions, and set process standards. Responsible for gathering, maintaining, planning, developing and implementing tools and data solutions to support analysts across multiple business units. Strong analytical and logical skills, curiosity, organization, attention to details, discipline are crucial for this position.
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Documents work and processes.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Works closely with a team of frontend developers, product managers, and analysts.
- Designs data integrations and data quality framework.
- Designs and evaluates open source and vendor tools for data lineage.
- Works closely with all business units to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Manage from start to finish a portfolio of data integration and BI projects, working as the liaison between the business, IT and third party providers.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong SQL skills
- Ability to integrate data from multiple sources and organize data targets
- Programming skills (Powershell, Python, .Net etc)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
- Experience with integration modeling tools like Alteryx
- Experience with QlikSense, Tableau, or other reporting layer software
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 2+ years of Python development experience
- 4+ years of SQL experience
- 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems