REGIONAL SALES MANAGER- WEST- FOODSERVICE
Planterra Foods is a fully funded plant-based protein start-up in Boulder County, CO. It’s an investment by the JBS Company, the second largest global food company and the world’s largest protein producer.
Planterra Foods is building its team and looking for a talented and driven Regional Sales Manager to help build the best plant-based protein company in the world.
Regional Sales Managers (RSM) are responsible for achieving growth goals against established KPI’s within a defined geographic region. RSM’s will also assist with completing sales initiatives across multiple Food Service channels, as needed to achieve organizational goals. The regional sales manager will provide sales leadership and direction to assigned broker partners while driving sales with distributors and operators.
This position will be based in the West Region in a remote office (home office). The territory covers: West of the Mississippi.
- Regional expert for Planterra Foods.
- Deliver growth to region by managing all foodservice distribution across customer segments, including Corporate Accounts (Sysco, US Foods, GFS, PFS/Reinhart, etc.) and significant Tier 2/3 distributors in order to exceed KPI’s
- Collaborate and coordinate with key Broker personnel, to achieve operator growth targets within region.
- Achieve budgeted sales objectives.
- Manage and maintain pipeline integrity within Planterra Foods portfolio.
- Establish sales relationship with top 3-5 large leveraged operators per region.
- Review analytics and conduct regular meetings with key market personnel to measure results and adjust strategy.
- Negotiate program agreements for assigned Distributors and Operators as necessary.
- Plan, schedule, develop, and execute sales trainings and new product introductions with Broker, Distributors and top Operators.
- Support regional business development activities including food shows, sales meetings and trade shows.
- Regular collaboration with Leadership to develop regional strategies and execute national initiatives.
- Introduce and successfully gain distribution with new products and implement supporting programs.
- Effectively manage trade dollars at a regional level to support growth initiatives with key Operators and Distributors.
- Stay abreast of marketplace needs and changes to include competitive activities and report information back to senior management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 50+%
- 5+ years' experience in outside foodservice value-added sales
- Natural food products and/or plant based food products experience preferred
- Ability to represent Planterra and sell our brand and corporate mission
- Negotiation skills
- Basic computer skills-Microsoft Office
- Collaborative/Accountable/Results driven/ Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Analytical and process oriented
- Able and willing to communicate effectively
- Desire to Win