JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our Consumer Value Added team is seeking an experienced Packaging Engineer to be based at our Corporate Office in Greeley, CO.
Manage various projects as directed including package design; materials/equipment sourcing, evaluation, procurement, installation and launch. The engineer supports all aspects of packaging fresh and/or processed meats. Interaction with internal departments as well as vendors and co-packers.
- Evaluation of new/alternative materials
- Involvement in vendor selection & qualification
- Graphics involvement as needed
- Materials involvement, includes, not limited to; corrugated paper, folding cartons, flexible films (thermoforming, shrink, poly, stretch wrap), adhesives, cohesives, trays in various materials and formats, and pressure sensitive labels (including both direct and thermal transfer print)
Equipment & Processes Involvement
- Equipment, includes, not limited to; case erecting, forming, sealing including hot melt adhesive application; horizontal & vertical-form-fill-seal, vacuum packaging, MAP tray sealing, flow-wrappers, shrink bundling, weigh-price labelers, inline film & bag printing, CIJ printers
- Search out the reduction of labor and/or materials costs
- Support for new and existing packaging
- Write packaging specifications
- Stay abreast of current & future packaging technologies and packaging innovations through industry organizations, exhibitions, and supplier relationships
- Work with vendors in the development of new packaging and/or the modification of existing.
- Direct the evaluation/design of packaging operations to optimize productivity & quality.
- Improve existing packaging products and processes
- Provide technical assessments for new & existing packaging
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging or related field
- Five years’ experience in packaging or related field
- SAP knowledge beneficial
- Knowledge of food industry strongly preferred
- Frequent communication with all departments as well as external vendors
- Organized and detail oriented
- Manage priorities and dynamic deadlines
- Efficient time management and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in accordance with safety and food safety policies
- Intermediate ability in Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Interpersonal and team skills for working with employees at all levels, both internal and external
- Ability to travel up to 50% for project periods