REFRIGERATION MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Refrigeration Maintenance Technician (Hourly)
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Install, Maintain and Repair Industrial and Commercial Refrigeration Systems. Monitor Ammonia system. Assist in Boiler Operations
- Maintain and operate Heating and Cooling systems within the plant.
- Industrial Boiler operation and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot and repair Electrical control wiring and components associated with the Ammonia system.
- Troubleshoot and Repair Compressors, Condenser, Evaporators, and Motors.
- Verify readings in cases where conditions appear to be abnormal and record possible reasons for fluctuations or actions taken.
- Perform daily rounds and log readings into books and hand-held devices
- Starts system, observes operation, reads gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as valves, controls, and pumps to control level of fluid, pressure, and temperature in system
- Dismantles malfunctioning systems and tests components
- Wear self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Must Successfully pass a PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) to be assigned and use a Self-Contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). These requirements must be maintained for continued assignment in the department.
- Work in extremely hot and cold environment.
- Complete all Training Modules assigned Annually.
2 to 3 Years’ experience with Industrial Refrigeration preferred Operator 1, CARO, CIRO, and CRST (Certified Refrigeration Service Technician) a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Prior experience in Refrigeration systems or equivalent degree from a technical school. or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Be able to complete the Operator 1 Certification within two years. Desired RETA certifications in CARO, CIRO, and CRST (Certified Refrigeration Service Technician) a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands, fingers, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.