HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
This position will supervise and coordinate activities of professional level and administrative support employees engaged in employee relations, compensation, benefits, training, employment, labor relations, affirmative action and employment equity programs, and/or personnel research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the day-to-day administration of personnel policies and practices at assigned location.
- Oversees and assigns employee training and orientation programs.
- Oversees the administration of compensation and benefits programs at the location to ensure these programs are in line with corporate programs.
- Recommends program changes or enhancements to meet human resource requirements.
- Coordinates the delivery of effective affirmative action, and other employee relations programs.
- Assists with the preparation of separation notices for employees separating with cause and may conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- May represent company at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- May support and assist in collective bargaining negotiations and administer contract provisions at the location.
EDUCATION: Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; however, additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years of experience in HR.
Must be able to work additional hours/weekends as needed.