Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Logistics Assistant for Pilgrim’s that will report to the Corporate Office in Greeley Colorado.
This role reports to the office Wednesday through Sunday from 6:00 AM-3:00 PM.
- Act as a liaison between carriers, customer, and sales with daily updates on all shipments to Pilgrim’s key customers.
- Meet the required update deadlines as specified by sales, customers.
- Provide accurate information in the format specified by sales, customers.
- Provide assistance to the Carrier Support Team on tasks including, but not limited to: appointment scheduling, data entry, and load tracking.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry preferred
- SAP knowledge and experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills required
- General understanding of US geography
- Excellent follow through skills required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Ability to multi-task required