Seasonal Part Time Tasting Room Associate
Tasting Room Associate
Stonestreet Estate Vineyards is the story of a family’s vision to defy the limits of California winegrowing. Jess Stonestreet Jackson and Barbara Banke established the estate in 1995, and their son Christopher Jackson and his wife Ariel continue the legacy — and the middle name “Stonestreet” has now been passed from father to son for three generations. Stonestreet is one of the most expansive and multi-faceted mountain vineyards in the world and produces a distinctive collection of single vineyard wines — powerful Cabernet Sauvignon, soulful Chardonnay and electric Sauvignon Blanc.
The Tasting Room Associate is the face of Stonestreet Estate Winery. They welcome guests and passionately introduce them to Stonestreet Estate Winery and its wines, educating and enticing them to join our Wine Club and purchase wine. Acting as wine country concierges, they impart the wine country lifestyle to guest while on property. The Tasting Room Associate is part of the Direct to Consumer sales team and is responsible for and motivated by sales and club recruitment goals.
- Introduces guest to Stonestreet Estate Winery and its wines. Compellingly educate guest on the history, winemaking style, and prestige of Stonestreet Estate Winery’s wines leading to wine sales and Wine Club recruitment.
- Prepare and maintain the Tasting Room and it’s supplies to ensure that every visitor has an amazing wine country experience.
- Is passionate about wines, and continually strives to learn more about Stonestreet Estate Winery’s wines and the world of wine.
- Accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
- Maintains knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers and how they impact day-to-day wine shipments.
- Accurately processes all wine sales and Wine Club recruitment as well as actively engage in post-purchase customer interaction to ensure a complete customer experience.
- Represent Stonestreet Estate Winery at special tasting experiences both on and offsite, including those in evenings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
- Possesses or can develop solid knowledge of wines and winemaking processes.
- Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public.
- Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrates ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
- Possesses one to two years prior related experience.
- Has high school diploma or GED; two to four year college degree preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.
- Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Seasonal Part time hours (approx. 28-30/week)
- Competitive commissions/incentives structure
- Ability to participate in offsite pouring and winery events