Direct Sales Manager
Primary responsibility is to sell limited production DTC exclusive wines. This includes phone sales, hosting by appointment tasting experiences, working outside events, and being a wine concierge to our customers.
- Manage and maintain customer database including critical contact information, including but not limited to secure credit card data, club membership status, customer insights, buying preferences, buying history, and comments and transaction history.
- Host and attend outside wine events to generate leads for allocation list members.
- Host elevated VIP and by appointment tasting experiences.
- Contact individuals by telephone to solicit sales of wine, related products, and events.
- Manage email communication to list members.
- Manage wine inventory during allocation cycles.
- Ensure legal compliance with inter-state shipping regulations and restrictions for all direct sales orders.
- Respond to consumer requests, complaints and identify areas of improvement.
- Adhere to DTC policies and procedures.
- Worldly wine knowledge and knowledge of the local area are a plus.
Education: College credential preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in a sales.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a customer service role.
- Demonstrated and proven success managing consumer database, email and mailing lists.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Oral Expression:The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension:The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Selective Attention:The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Written Comprehension:The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Computer Skills: Excel and Word required. Database management experience preferred.