General Winery Worker
This position is responsible for a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks in the cellar such as operating crush and press equipment, stacking barrels, operating a forklift, filling barrels and topping wine. This position is under the general direction of the Cellarmaster, Winemaker, and Cellar Foreperson.
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities.
- Racking and pumping juice and wine, moving hoses and equipment.
- Forklift operation, moving barrels and case goods.
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices.
- Perform equipment set-up duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Cellarmaster.
Previous experience in a winery environment is preferred, but not required. Forklift experience is preferred, but not required. Must be able to follow and communicate verbal and written safety and work instructions in English. This position requires good reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills. Must be able to work safely around equipment electrical outlets and procedures. The individual selected for this position must be reliable and possess a good work ethic. Must be flexible and able to work any shift and overtime as needed, especially during harvest. Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.