Bottling Skilled Winery Worker- Jackson Family Wines (Skylane)
Position at Jackson Family Wines
Skilled Winery Worker Bottling
Shift: Nights (M-Th, 4d x 10hrs)
Under the supervision of the Bottling Manager/Supervisor/Foreman, this position will perform routine bottling line duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (not limited to):
- Follow and observe all safe bottling regulations.
- Rotate from multiple work stations during shift.
- Inspect, identify and remove defective packaging materials from production run.
- Deep clean bottling equipment and perform sanitation duties.
- Perform equipment package changeovers.
- Understand and follow all bottling sterility procedures on line.
- Forklift and Clamp operation with full product, empty glass and packaging material.
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor or Lead Person.
- Assist with off line work and special projects when required.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work longer than ten hours per day.
- May require split shift, overtime and weekend work.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or regularly.
- Ability to learn how to set-up and operate all high-speed bottling equipment.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- English communication skills, written and verbal.
- Basic mathematical aptitude.
- Two years bottling line experience preferred.
- Forklift experience on operating electric or gas-powered forklift preferred.
- Must possess analytical skills to evaluate raw material defects versus equipment malfunctions.
- Must possess a working knowledge of personal computers including Microsoft Windows operating system, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Must be reliable, detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Must be willing to learn computer skills and inventory control.
- Sterilization and cellar experience preferred but not required.