IT System Engineer
Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
The IT Systems Engineer serves a critical role within the IT Operations team and JFW. This individual performs the installation, routine maintenance, upgrades, monitoring and daily support for the IT infrastructure including servers, storage arrays and network equipment. The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for day-to-day operational excellence of the IT infrastructure equipment for internal systems. This individual in concert with others on the IT team will operate, monitor, assess and improve systems to meet SLAs for business class operation. The individual collaborates proactively with others on the IT team and throughout the business, as well as end users, to analyze business needs and design and implement solutions that provide long-term sustainable value to the organization.
- Perform on the Network Services team consisting of 3 other engineers
- Configure, install, and implement servers and storage area networks (SAN)
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and repair network infrastructure, including data networks (LANs and WANs) and data center infrastructure (physical virtual servers, SANs, switches, routers, etc.)
- Support remote sites and third level desktop computing, includes local and remote support, upgrades, for remote sites
- Responding to service levels, including server performance issues, help desk trouble calls, desktop support, network availability, and other infrastructure performance issues
- Support and in some situations, supervise the progress of technology and infrastructure improvements related to technical projects in network infrastructure
- Effectively interact with vendors responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure. Activities specific to vendor interaction are to validate invoices, auditing annual contracts, and serve as first level response related to support issues
- Create / maintain network and server documentation.
- Interface with other teams and vendors necessary to fulfill the technical needs of projects
- Customer service focus is essential for this person’s success – demonstrate passion attention to customer needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience desired
- Certifications are plus CCNA, MCSE, or similar achievements preferred
- 5 years’ experience with maintaining infrastructure for data center, remote sites, and working with vendors responsible maintaining data and voice networks
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies (i.e. VMware, HyperV)
- Knowledge of SAN (ie. HPE, 3PAR, etc.) technologies and strategies
- Knowledge and experience with system backup and recovery software applications (Veeam, Acronis, Commvault, Backup Exec)
- Knowledge of network systems and security (ie. Cisco, WAN, LAN, VPN)
- Knowledge and experience in the installation and maintenance of network equipment such as switches, routers and firewalls
- Experience in writing Windows Scripts, VBScript, BASH or PERL scripts
- Experience with Windows and/or server file systems and security
- Knowledgeable about Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery best practices
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Available to respond to 7 days a week, 24 hours a day operations environment
- Excellent written, verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively work with variety of teams
- Must be an analytical thinking, strong troubleshooter, and problem solver