Vin Lux offers a concierge level of service and handling of premium and luxury wines, and can efficiently and accurately deliver to over 10,000 accounts throughout California. Equipped with 25 temperature controlled delivery trucks in Northern California and 45 in Southern California that feature real-time tracking capability. Vin Lux transports 1,500 orders per day and tracks more than 12,000 different wines.
This Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring the reliable operation of all warehouse equipment, safety and repair while supporting the Vin Lux Operations and facility. This position should have intermediate level knowledge of maintenance, electrical/mechanical and troubleshooting skills to ensure the highest-level efficiencies for the operations.
- Troubleshoot, identify and resolve problems with (MHE) mechanical devices or equipment malfunctions in the most timely and cost-effective manner.
- Dismantle devices, examine components and repair or replace defective parts.
- Responsible for Preventative Maintenance Programs including inspections and routine maintenance of conveyor, facility, machinery and power equipment at specified intervals and schedules.
- Ensure power equipment is functioning properly to include batteries, all horns, seat belts, brakes and power lights.
- Ensure emergency lighting/exit signs are properly maintained, labeled and inspected.
- Responsible for red tagging and repairing malfunctioning equipment.
- Perform all maintenance and repairs in conjunction with Lock Out/Tag Out program and other division/OSHA safety standards.
- Ensures all loading dock equipment is in working order (dock levelers, loading lights, loading dock door).
- Analyzes and implements corrective action reports and process tracking mechanisms.
- Select and contract specialists on larger maintenance related projects.
- Observe, establish and maintain a safety-first culture.
- Safe and proper use of required PPE, power tools and equipment. Maintain a clean work area/shop.
- Ensure flammable/toxic liquids are properly handled, labeled and stored.
- Performs all tasks in compliance with Vin Lux SOPs, OSHA, state, federal or other regulatory standards.
- Respond to repair requests, work on assigned projects as presented by Warehouse Manager or Director of Operations and perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Ability to read, analyze and understand general business and operational procedures, safety rules and requirements.
- Intermediate experience with Windows based applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access with ability to create and edit documents in these applications.
- Ability to write reports, professional internal correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to multi-task, efficiently prioritize and plan work tasks.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Excellent communication skills and must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Demonstrate, develop and maintain good working relationships across all levels in the organization.
- Ability and availability to come into work during off times which may include early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays in the event of equipment malfunction or emergency repairs.
- A valid California driver’s license is required.
- 2 years of work experience as a Maintenance Technician in a similar or related industry.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems and barcoding applications preferred.
- Experience with automated conveyors systems and controls required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.