Associate Communications Manager
The Associate Communications Manager helps plan and implement integrated corporate communications programs and employee engagement that support Jackson Family Wines’ business priorities and goals.
Reports to Director of Corporate Communications and works cross-functionally with internal stakeholders at all levels including: PR, marketing, wineries and vineyards, and HR team, among others.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Develop annual internal communications plan with innovative programs and strategies to generate employee engagement.
- Create high-quality and engaging written and visual content (including videos) that convey company culture and stories, while also reinforcing business priorities.
- Serve as lead content developer and publisher for internal communication across corporate channels: including company intranet and digital signage systems, newsletter and social media. Work with language translators as needed. Requires some data entry.
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar to manage content across communication channels.
- Work consistently with departments and teams across the organization to gather and develop messaging and stories to share on employee communication channels.
- Work closely with outside vendor in day-to-day operations of digital signage program, including content deployment, logistics and troubleshooting.
- Support content needs for company social media efforts to align digital content with corporate communication strategies.
- Develop diverse content including press releases, media briefs, talking points, video scripts, internal and external presentations, company announcements and other collateral as needed.
- Handle media inquiries and support media outreach for corporate initiatives as needed.
- Track corporate media stories generated by department outreach.
- Maintain digital inventory of all communication assets, including written content, images and video.
- Provide thoughtful and relevant research on corporate communication trends or business needs or other program ideas that can contribute to meaningful results in communications planning and programs.
- Help to monitor and assess internal communication strategy through surveys and focus groups.
- Attend company events to generate content for employee community engagement as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in communications and public relations. Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related is preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, excellent attention to detail and proofing skills.
- Proven track record of working effectively with business and trade media.
- Experience generating positive media coverage, pitching media, writing press releases and other materials.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Strong organizational, time management and project prioritization skills with the ability to handle a multitude of projects and changing priorities.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficiency in photography and video production best practices is a plus, including proficiency using Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro editing software experience.