Seasonal Field Supervisor
With guidance from the Grower Relations Representative, help monitor and ensure best vineyard practices for premium wine grape production.
This position is a seasonal position hired only during the Vineyard Harvest Season (generally between mid-June through the end of October or early November).
- Collect, analyze and disseminate viticulture data including vine counts, block and ranch locations bunch counts etc.
- Supervising Sugar Samplers in your respective area as well as develop and execute sugar sampling schedules.
- Create vineyard maps, design and Plans
- Assisting with harvest coordination and crop estimation
- Provide accurate administrative/clerical support as needed
- Provide the Manager with monitoring schedule and a weekly update of findings in the vineyard
- Proficiency with Excel, MS Word & ability to learn in house software.
- Previous sampling a plus as well as map reading abilities and local geographical knowledge.
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must have own vehicle and clean DMV record.
- Good communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and must be willing to work the entire harvest season.
- Must be able to pass a physical, drug examination and show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described in the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. (Reasonable accommodation is defined as any modification or adjustment to a job or work environment that permits a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.)