Senior Business Systems Analyst
Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
As part of the Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence team, the Senior Business Analyst will work with stakeholders and IT to define business requirements and help manage projects. The business analyst will be focused in the enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence space to enable decision making, drive insights across all areas of the business, and ensure user engagement and adoption.
- Focus on business process analysis and modeling. Ensures broad integration of business processes and systems and provides guidance on business implications of any proposed changes to various applications systems.
- Solicits, develops, documents and manages requirements and provides detailed design and business rules to support the requirements throughout the project life cycle.
- Creates and reviews business cases, user stories, use cases, and storyboards.
- Developing and executing software test plans for functional, performance, stress, and regression testing needs.
- Monitoring, tracking and measuring results to provide a quality assessment of functional testing scenarios.
- Facilitates requirements discussion towards stated business goals and manages group dynamics for complex projects.
- Works with business users and technical team to define and analyze problems and align the most suitable technical, application or configuration solutions.
- Develops detailed implementation and upgrade project plans in conjunction with team members and stakeholders.
- Lead/manage large, complex, enterprise-level projects throughout project lifecycle.
- Ensures that documentation is updated when changes are implemented.
- Maintain business critical data catalogs, lineage, and flows.
- Deliver training, and develop and maintain training materials that support data warehouse and business intelligence tools and data subject areas
- Drive/foster engagement and adoption of tools by user community.
- Work within a team to assist in supporting integrated enterprise business intelligence solutions.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to develop best practices.
- Scope, plan, and prioritize multiple projects and objectives in a fast-paced environment and deliver quality results.
- Effectively translate technical information into terminology understood by business users, managers, and key stakeholders.
- Build partnerships and collaborates cross functionally with business functional managers and end users.
- Foster excellent vendor relationship by continuously communicating goals, business vision, and expectations.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT or relevant, with minimum 3 years of experience as a business analyst.
- Proficient at requirements management from planning to execution, developing and tracking project requirements.
- Experience with waterfall, agile and hybrid project methodologies preferred.
- Ability to successfully participate and lead the execution of large, complex, enterprise-level projects with different teams with diverse personalities preferred.
- Familiarity with problem-solving, root-cause, or decision-making techniques such as pros/cons identification, the “5 whys”, fishbone diagrams, affinity diagrams, relative ranking, etc.
- Ability to document new or modify existing integrations, reports, and visualizations.
- Create, manage and revise test plans, test scripts and manage defect tracking
- Must possess creative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong business, leadership, and communication skills.
- Able to communicate with technical team and business stakeholders.
- Able to Prioritize course of action to ensure that work is managed effectively
- Able and willing to work under moderate to high pressure to meet deadlines.
- Wine and Spirits industry experience preferred.
- Experience with projects involving BI and/or Data Warehouse preferred.
- Ability to perform basic SQL queries for data analysis and familiarity with relational databases preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or understand instructions. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance. A significant amount of manual dexterity is required. The employee must be able to lift and/or move equipment weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.