DTC Administrative Assistant
This position will have primary responsibility for all facets of inventory management for DTC OR wineries. This role will be responsible for a broad range of office management, support services, retail operational tasks and special projects. Working with the management team, this position contributes to the development and implementation of DTC operational strategies, policies and best practices as well as Operational Expenses oversight.
This position’s primary responsibilities are ensuring accurate inventory management, DTC operational effectiveness and supporting the financial expectations of the DTC business.
- Ensures proper inventory levels Direct and Tasting Rooms for Direct to Consumer, Wine Club, e-commerce, etc.
- Manages and leads input of data for monthly cycle counts at each property.
- Monitor the entering, processing and tracking to completion for all internal and transfer orders
- Manages and ensures the depletion of current inventory prior to new vintage release and/or transfer inventory into the appropriate Library buckets for long-term storage
- Manage inventory levels and breadth of skus to keep sku footprint to a minimum
- Responsible for handling all special internal requests related to inventory movement
- Responsible as a lead in the full physical annual inventory count as required by accounting auditors
- Create and maintain product/SKU setup in OWS and Wine Direct portals to be consistent with JDE item names and descriptions
- Partner with the retail team to improve the DTC inventory model and assist in developing the strategic integration of the long-term inventory plan and institutional understanding.
- Facilitate DTC operational and process training, including SOP, cycle count and systems to key personnel at each property
- Takes lead on donation requests and coordinates fulfillment with each property and non-profit
- Meets with marketing monthly to review inventory strategy
- Monthly verification of OLCC tax-paid inventory
- Works with DTC leadership to maintain/clean up our open shipping orders
- Accurately enters purchase orders into JDE and monitors for approval to ensure vendors are being paid on time
- Works with wine club team to update billing information for our members
- Shows high touch customer service in communicating with members to resolve shipping issues
Opex and Revenue Planning
- Works with DTC OR Director and VP Spire DTC to create annual goals for both volume/revenue and forecast our Spire DTC Operating Expense budgets
- Provides monthly reports as to issues or concerns
AP and Purchase Orders
- Submit annual purchase orders for each property, manage budget and invoices and purchase order process
- Manage DTC merchandising to review vendor invoices and submit according to JFW policy and procedure
- Vendor invoice management for DTC Events
- Interface with IT related to facilities and vendor management/3rd party projects/tasks.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience in inventory control and management. Wine industry management experience is highly desired.
- A qualified candidate for this position must have strong administrative and customer service skills.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills for both MS Word and Excel are required.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Self motivated and team oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, balance workloads effectively and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be able to walk through facilities without limitations.