Position at Regal Wine Co.
Position Reports to Pricing Manager
Established in 1993, Regal Wine Co. is the wholly-owned three-tier distribution subsidiary of
Santa Rosa-based Jackson Family Wines (JFW) for California. Regal Wine Co. sells the 52 wineries in the JFW portfolio to restaurants and retail locations throughout the state, including America’s top-selling Chardonnay - Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve - as well as La Crema, Murphy-Goode and Matanzas Creek. In addition to the JFW portfolio, Regal Wine Co. sells a curated portfolio of over 250 wineries from around the world including La Vielle Ferme, Miraval and Champagne Henriot.
The Pricing Coordinator role is based out of our Santa Rosa office of 30 employees but supports a remote sales force of 200 statewide. The company is fast-paced and passionate about the job we do. The Pricing Coordinator reports to the Pricing Manager under the Marketing Department. The primary tasks of the position are to: ensure that item margin and profit goals are met; work with our systems to maintain pricing structures; be a liaison with Regal Wine Co.’s remote sales force, suppliers and senior management.
- Work with Pricing Manager, suppliers and senior management to develop and implement pricing strategies.
- Analyze, evaluate and make recommendations regarding price points, item margin and pricing programs.
- Provide Pricing Department training for all new sales representatives.
- Responsible for system maintenance and updates to master data pricing system (JDE).
- Coordinate the setup, rep training and maintenance of product on third-party website (SevenFifty).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work-related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Experience using JD Edwards, ERP2Web and Business Objects helpful, but not required.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of cost-plus pricing strategies.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle priorities and workflow, work under pressure.
- Ability to deal effectively with diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and being comfortable working with numbers.
- An interest in learning about the wine industry.