Sr Director Program Management - Techbargains
We are looking for a leader of our newly created Program(Project) Management discipline within our Ziff Davis Tech and Commerce Business Operations group. Ziff Davis Tech and Commerce business unit operates key work streams for some of our highest profile editorial and commerce brands, including Mashable, PCMag, AskMen, Offers & Black Friday. This role will report directly to the SVP of Business Operations and function as the “connective tissue” between all other groups (Product, Operations, Engineering, Finance & Legal) to ensure the most important initiatives are executed flawlessly.
As PMO head you will be designing and implementing improved workflow processes, ensuring we are tracking the metrics that matter, collaborating cross-functionally and delivering impact that will enhance Ziff Davis’s ability to execute our commerce strategy across the organization..
- Coordination of the most important cross functional business initiatives and work streams for BI, Commerce Ops, Product & Audience groups
- Oversee selection and implementation of program management toolset to track status and deliverables for every initiative.
- Responsible for overseeing the operational rollout of our commerce suite capabilities throughout the Ziff organization
- Manage weekly operating reviews for edit, email, merchandising, deals, affiliate sales, etc.
- Standardize content recommendations, execution, analysis and optimization process for our 5 editorial divisions.
- Implement merchant onboarding process to ensure operational and finance alignment
- Ensuring Biz Ops group is prepared for all key business and operating events (QBRs, Prime Day, Black Friday, etc.)
- Create and implement standard onboarding process of core commerce capabilities for any future website (business) acquisitions
- Create, document, implement and police processes for repeatable workstreams to ensure efficiency and repeatable results
- 7-10 years professional work experience.
- Proven ability to manage large and small projects, bringing them to completion with speed, accuracy, consistency, and quality.
- Experience managing and fostering the growth of 2 direct reports
- Ability to conduct “war rooms” focused on solving a critical business problem and holding all contributors accountable for deliverables
- Working knowledge of technical and editorial SEO best practices
- Operated in a web publisher driven environment
- Have operated in a business with multiple revenue streams including , affiliate, display, licensing, etc.
- Deep understand of key benefits and detriments of all major PM software platforms (Asana, JIRA, etc.)
- Strong influencer skills
- PM certification is desired
- Communicates in a clear, consistent and transparent manner to internal and client teams
- Advanced organizational skills
- Self motivated
- Great interpersonal skills
- Proactive and solution obsessed
- Phenomenal collaborator
- Takes responsibility and ownership for their work
- A self starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.