Senior Systems Administrator
Key Technical Requirements:
- Deep understanding of backup’s infrastructure, and the ongoing management, monitoring, maintenance of the various environments to maintain uptime.
- Knowledge and experience with Ahsay, Asigra, RapidRecovery or Veeam
- Deep understanding and experience of local and network storage configuration (RAID, SCSI, NFS)
- Advanced Linux, (CentOS/RedHat), systems administration gained in an enterprise environment.
- Virtualization experience (Hyper-v and VMWare)
- Network experience, Switches, Firewalls, VLANs, VPN (pfsense, Cisco, Fortinet, HP, Extreme Networks)
- Remote management of servers (iLO, iDRAC, IPMI)
- Web Server, SSL knowledge.
- Strong Windows server knowledge, Active Directory, LDAP
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Zabbix configuration and deployment
- Puppet configuration and deployment
- Proactive monitoring of the networks across Europe, troubleshooting and resolving issues where required.
- Management and deployment of J2’s Cloud Backup storage infrastructure, and assisting this for other platforms
- Monitoring of service metrics, ensuring that department SLAs are met.
- Deploying new monitoring tools where necessary to ensure good service across the board.
- Working with the existing teams on development of automation and management tools to ensure J2’s Cloud Backup business can continue to grow quickly and efficiently.
- Management of hardware infrastructure, including rack deployments, spares and RMAs.
- Scripting of any management/maintenance tools required
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.