Front End Software Engineer - Everyday Health
Everyday Health is hiring! We are looking for a Front End Developer (React/React Native) to join our team. Everyday Health Professional (comprised of multiple properties including MedPage Today) is one of the leading online providers of real-time breaking medical news for health professionals. As part of our tight-knit team, you’ll contribute to numerous high-profile projects of strategic importance to the business and will share your knowledge of best practices, strategies, and techniques.
This position will focus on developing internal tools using React, and build our next generation mobile apps using React Native. This position will be full-time and based in New York City.
The candidate must have a passion for software development, solutions architecture and application performance to join the technology team. The candidate will build enterprise-level applications and services while working closely with various product teams using agile methodologies.
The candidate must also have the ability to communicate complex concepts in a concise manner to both technical and non-technical staff. If you are a developer who enjoys designing software that performs and scales well, and is looking to join a growing team with an emphasis on creating exciting products in the health industry then read on…
Along with the team of Software Engineers, you will be responsible for building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use, work with designers and Product Managers to create high quality code. You will have the opportunity to define our mobile app features and on-going mobile strategy.
As a developer at Everyday Health, you must be a highly motivated, self-starter willing to listen, talk and work well with the group, offering suggestions and taking them as well.
● Experience shipping applications to the Apple App or Google Play store
● Good understanding of the Android and iOS ecosystem and guidelines for native app
● Strong Experience integrating apps with APIs and other web services via REST
● Development experience in React Native
● Understanding of certificates, encryption, and other security-based concepts
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (otherwise equivalent work related experience)
● Knowledge of the publishing process for both the Apple App and Google Play stores
● React/Redux and React Native
● Experience with native mobile programming (Objective-C, Swift, Java/Android) would be a plus but not required
● Become a subject matter expert on the projects you work on, allowing other IT members to look to you as a knowledgeable member of the team
● Expected to be self-motivated, needing little guidance on completing tasks on time and meeting expectations in terms of requirements
● Be willing to challenge design ideas when other opportunities exist to solve a problem
● Explain (and “whiteboard”) complex technical issues to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise
● Expected to be proactive, ambitious, and have the desire to continually improve your skill set
● Collaborate with key stakeholders on project design and implementation
● Conduct system analysis and issue resolution as needed
● Lead, motivate, and collaborate with others
● Located in the heart of the West Village, surrounded by tons of great restaurants and bars.
● Work in an open space with gorgeous views of the waterfront, just across from the Hudson River Park.
● Excellent benefits including a matching 401k, discounted gym memberships and a very generous vacation policy.
**Candidate should be prepared to take a test on Programming / Scripting if
applicable at the interview.**
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.