Editorial: Tech Fellow - Mashable
Mashable’s Tech team is seeking an ambitious and tech-savvy undergraduate (juniors and seniors are eligible) or graduate-level Editorial Fellow for Summer 2018. As a fellow focusing on technology news, you'll have the opportunity to work with and learn from Mashable's editorial leadership in the company's New York City headquarters.
We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with technology -- the gadgets, the social networks, and the culture around it all. The ideal candidate thrives on tight deadlines and a fast pace who can still raise a skeptical eye to check all facts, assumptions, and presuppositions. They want to work within a collaborative team surrounded by people as into tech as them.
The Day to Day:
- Pitching, writing, and reporting stories
- Thinking as a storyteller in multiple ways, including text, visuals, social conversation
- Coordinating with team members, editors, writers, and illustrators on your stories
- Adapting stories for different social networks and platforms (e.g. Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook Video, Facebook Live, etc.)
- Engaging with Mashable's sizable audience, wherever it is
- Assisting with video content, live broadcasts, podcasting, and other multimedia projects
- Help keep Mashable's Tech Channel organized and running smoothly
- Hard worker with a positive attitude
- Familiarity and strong interest in technology
- Knows a story when they see it
- Team player: You know when to ask for help, and ask to help
- Strong social media presence, especially on Snapchat
- Enthusiasm for Mashable's core coverage areas: tech, culture, and entertainment
- Know your way around a CMS
- Strong grasp of grammar and AP Style
- Minimum availability of 35 hours a week (this is a full-time internship)
- Based in NYC
Mashable is a global media and entertainment company that’s passionate about culture and tech. With smart, spirited coverage of stories that keep people talking, Mashable reaches an audience of 70 million monthly users who can’t get enough of the ideas, people, and products they love. Together, our ideas shape the future. Obsess with us.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.