IT Audit Manager
It’s an exciting time to join j2 Global®! We are seeking an IT Audit Manager to join our growing audit team in Hollywood, New York or Dublin. This individual will report to the Director of Internal Audit and will primarily focus on General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) compliance. In addition the candidate will have responsibility for testing of the effectiveness of Information Technology General Controls (“ITGC”) through the execution of the Sarbanes Oxley process.
- Ability to audit systems and websites to evaluate potential gaps in data protection and privacy.
- Assist the Director of Internal Audit with executing the phases of the Sarbanes Oxley process for IT controls, including planning, business cycle/process design assessment, test plan development, control testing and deficiency reporting.
- Plan and execute other audit projects as deemed necessary by the Director of Internal Audit and management (e.g., operational, compliance, special projects).
- Produce detailed audit work papers that are re-performable by third parties (e.g., public accounting firms, compliance organizations).
- Draft audit findings and recommended action plans for review with management that are clear, concise and measurable.
- Partner with business leaders to develop and improve policies and procedures and improve efficiency of system usage.
- Consult on key IT projects and initiatives as needed to ensure the implementation of best practices and necessary internal controls.
- Act as an ongoing resource to all employees for assistance with real time business questions and compliance matters.
- Basic understanding of General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”).
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in information systems, computer science, accounting or related field
- Minimum of 4-7 years’ experience with IT auditing, risk management, compliance, and information security
- CISA, CPA/Chartered Accountant, CIA or similar designation required
- Strong grasp of IT general controls (logical access, system development, program change management, physical security, back-ups and computer operations, etc.) and the related risks they mitigate
- Understanding and experience with regulations (SOX, COBIT, GAAP etc.)
- Analytical thinker with a proven ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Understanding of audit methodology and the use of various tools, sampling, testing and documentation techniques.
- Ability to travel 10 to 20% of the time.
- A sense of humor strongly recommended!
Additional Skills Considered a Plus:
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience implementing, auditing, or assessing compliance with the following regulatory and industry requirements and standards: Patriot Act, PCI DSS, EU Data Protection Act and Safe Harbor, and ISO/IEC.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience
- Experience with auditing and or using any of Oracle, NetSuite, Salesforce, Adbook, DFP, internally developed systems, MS Domains, LDAP, One Login, Operative One, Amazon Web Services, ADP
- Experience conducting company-wide risk assessments (e.g., Fraud Risk, Enterprise Risk Management) and engagement level risk assessments.
- Past involvement in the implementation of Internal Audit Management Software tools and applications.
j2 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM) provides Internet services through two segments: Cloud Services and Digital Media. The Cloud Services segment offers Internet fax, virtual phone, unified communications, hosted email, email marketing, online backup and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, Onebox®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe®, Livedrive® and LiveVault®, and operates a messaging network spanning 50 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media segment offers technology, gaming, lifestyle and healthcare content through its digital properties, which include PCMagazine®, IGN®, AskMen®, Speedtest®, Offers.com®, ExtremeTech®, Geek.com®, Toolbox®, Techbargains.com®, emedia®, Salesify®, Everyday Health and others. As of December 31, 2017, j2 had achieved 22 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth. For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.