Sr. Manager, Consumer Insights - Everyday Health
Everyday Health Consumer is looking for a detail-oriented researcher to join the fast-paced Insights and Optimization team. The Insights and Optimization team functions as an internal and external supplier for the entire organization and supports key lines of business including Sales, Marketing, Editorial, and Product Development.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for developing, prioritizing, and managing primary and syndicated research projects in the healthcare category using quantitative and qualitative research techniques. Ideal candidates excel in a collaborative environment and have excellent time and project management skills. This position reports into the Head of Behavioral Insights and Optimization and is perfect for individuals who are hands-on and enjoy the full research process from questionnaire development to the presentation of insights.
- Design and execute in-house quantitative and qualitative consumer health research studies
- Write questionnaires and discussion guides using innovative and creative questionnaire styles
- Program online surveys and field research; moderate interviews and discussion groups
- Analyze and synthesize data from primary research, syndicated research, and behavioral data to draw key insights
- Build and present highly visual deliverables and recommendations to stakeholders and senior management
- Advise Marketing, Editorial, and Sales teams on brand management, audience expansion, and sales initiatives
- Vet and manage research vendors and freelancers, including negotiating contracts and troubleshooting issues
- Face challenges head on and be ready to move quickly with creative solutions for the business
- 5+ years of experience conducting custom primary research, 1+ years of vendor management experience
- Expertise in determining research methodology, writing survey questions, and collecting and weighting data
- Strong background in analyzing and reporting survey data, including frequencies, crosstabs, and statistical significance testing
- Expert at making data actionable, contextually relevant, and compelling – a true storyteller!
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple, cross-functional projects and meeting tight timelines
- Proactive – results-focused, initiative-taker, detail-oriented, creative thinker and dynamic team player
- Strong Excel, SPSS, and PowerPoint skills are essential
- Comfort using online survey software such as Qualtrics or Decipher
- Health/healthcare experience and experience with syndicated vendors, such as comScore and MediaRadar a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Psychology, Sociology, Economics or other relevant degree
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.