Senior Counsel - Ziff Davis
Ziff Davis seeks a highly-motivated, detail-oriented, team player to serve as senior counsel to all of Ziff Davis business units and assist Ziff’s parent, j2 Global. The candidate should be diligent and proactive, and have demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently and supervise junior attorneys and paralegals.
Knowledge of IP, privacy and data use issues along with experience working on technology and online media contracts, transactions and deals are critical.
This is a full-time position located in our New York office; but some travel will be required.
- Support potential merger and acquisition activities, including due diligence documentation, execution and post-deal integration.
- Independently draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts, including data agreements, licensing agreements, production agreements, distribution agreements and terms of service.
- Advise business units on intellectual property, licensing, data protection, privacy, digital advertising, and other legal issues relevant to content creation and distribution by an online media company.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments for new opportunities and work with the security team and other stakeholders to develop and implement appropriate strategies.
- Collaborate with, and counsel, business unit leaders, editors, sales and marketing teams and others in a wide range of issues relating to digital media and publishing including copyright, affiliate marketing, native advertising and social media.
- Minimum of 7 years as a practicing attorney in a law firm and/or comparable in-house legal department.
- Outstanding analytic, communication and organizational skills, including excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- One or more of CIPP/US, CIPP/E or CIPM (IAPP) or equivalent certification preferred
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.