Senior Director, Human Resources, Ziff Davis
The Senior Director, Human Resources for Ziff Davis leads the HR organization by providing expertise in people development, HR policies, procedures and HR initiatives that support a progressive culture and the growth of the business. The HR Director oversees and manages all aspects of day-to-day human resources function, payroll and HR operations. The Senior Director provides guidance and recommendations for international offices in order to maintain consistency and cost-effective measures worldwide. The Senior Director, Human Resources for Ziff Davis will be located in the New York office and report to the Corporate Vice President, Administration and Human Resources who is located in Los Angeles.
- Establishes organizational structure and disciplines by developing the appropriate HR functions, plans, programs (e.g., benefits), information systems, products (e.g., policies) and payroll.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state labor laws and international labor standards related to benefits, policies, reporting, postings, etc.
- Provides expert guidance on all employment actions (e.g., hiring, termination, LOA, etc.) by ensuring that appropriate labor laws and standards are applied within each city, state or country the organization does business.
- Ensures compliance with all external and internal audit mandates under public company guidelines. (e.g., SOX, 401K, Healthcare, Worker’s Comp, OSHA, payroll, tax, long-term incentives, etc.)
- Ensures that competent and qualified employees are available to meet current and future organizational needs by developing and implementing recruitment, selection, and retention strategies. Works as a liaison with outside recruiters.
- Has extensive experience in and provides due diligence for M&A including appropriate guidance for successful integration.
- Minimizes risk for the organization by filing legal and regulatory reports; keeping records of plan participation and applicant/employee statistics; consulting with legal counsel to ensure the organization is in compliance in each state and country the organization does business.
- Provides guidance regarding compliance with company policies on equal employment opportunities, disability accommodation, career management, compensation, and benefits.
- Assesses work processes and develops accountability oriented job descriptions; establishes training/development and career management plans to build organizational “bench strength.”
- Ensures the organization is paying competitively by conducting external pay surveys, maintaining internal equity and providing rewards that motivate employees to drive results.
- Delivers cost-effective human resource management by using technology to streamline processes and provide continuous improvement
- Increases organizational effectiveness by analyzing employee development needs and delivering meaningful employee training and development.
Job and Experience Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resources or Business
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in Human Resources
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills required
- Must have proven leadership skills with experience managing a team of HR generalist and specialists
- Good working and business practical knowledge of employment law in USA, Ireland, United Kingdom, other European countries as well as Australia and Japan.
- Experience working for a US based, publically traded, Multi-national Company.
- Strong vendor management skills and experience working with outsourced vendors.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate at all levels within an organization in a professional, articulate manner with experience working with multiple levels within an organization.
- Proven ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize in a fast past environment. Must be self-motivated and able to work well independently.
- Ability to travel and accommodate work hours for multiple time zones, within Europe.
- Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, Excel, ADP HRIS.
j2 Cloud Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Ziff Davis:
The Digital Media Division was created with j2’s November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc. Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, Inc., is a leading global digital-media company operating in three core verticals: Technology, Gaming, and Shopping. Its brands – PCMag, Mashable, Speedtest, ExtremeTech, Geek, Toolbox, IGN, AskMen, Offers.com, TechBargains, emedia and Salesify – produce and distribute premium content across multiple platforms and devices. Ziff Davis delivers advertising, performance marketing, data services and licensing solutions to thousands of clients worldwide. Ziff Davis publishes in 25 languages and successfully partners with local publishing operators across 114 countries.
For more information about us, please visit www.j2global.com and https://www.ziffdavis.com/
This role is located in New York and we offer:
Competitive Salary and Bonus
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
Life Insurance and 401k
Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.