IGN is looking for a passionate Technical Producer who is able to support everything from simple-to-complex productions, workflows, enterprise live encoders, and working alongside product and engineering on key projects. Minimal hands-on training is expected, otherwise you must have solid experience, as well as references.
What does that mean exactly?
● The go-to person when it comes to technical setup and oversight for: live streams, whether an IGN production or syndication of a non-IGN event, tech needs for studio shoots, workflow implementation, etc.
● Work with video project managers and coordinators to scope various projects and productions.
● Work with external set, lighting, and production partners to negotiate and secure needs
● Maintain infrastructure used for productions and post-production
● Collaborate with metrics team to secure comprehensive metrics, using them as a tool in decision making.
What will get you in the door?
● Ability to executive technical aspects of live and live-to-tape productions
● 3-5 years of Technical Production experience
● Have worked or assisted in a technical role in online video media, TV, and/or at a game-centric company
● Willingness to see everything through with the same passion, whether troubleshooting a capture issue or organizing an offsite production
● Desire to seek out info on the latest video gear from cameras, control room equipment, remote capture gear, etc.
● Experience understanding and creating plans to improve workflow efficiency.
● Control room experience in being a technical director, playback op, audio engineer, etc.
● Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, team environment
● Able to to quickly recognize and troubleshoot issues
● A positive, problem-solving attitude. A desire to learn
● Patience and a sense of humor
● Passion for IGN and/or video games
● Have experience with productions at events such as E3, Comic-con, etc.
It would be extra awesome if you have…
● Have overseen project or production budgets.
● Experience with maintaining media storage servers (e.g. Avid ISIS/NEXIS or Facilis)
● Thorough knowledge of configuring and maintaining enterprise level live encoders
● Strong understanding of emerging web-video technologies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
● Experience managing video asset archives (LTO, etc.)
● Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere experience
Here’s the good stuff about us…
● Live and breathe video games, see secrets before the rest of the world
● Lots of opportunity to dream big and make things happen
● People who like to have fun, share some beers and plot your demise in the arcade/game room
● Open and casual work environment
● Great benefits, discounts, and bonus programs
● A plethora of arcade and console games and fully-automated latte machines, ready to satisfy your caffeine craving
● Come geek out with us, but be prepared to work as hard as you play. It’s serious business, after all.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.