Director, Data Science - Everyday Health
Everyday Health seeks a Director, Data Science for the New York office. Everyday Professional is the fastest growing digital HCP organization, focused on providing content, tools and connections that enable healthcare providers to better care for their patients and practices. We reach over 700,000 US physicians through our two owned and operated properties, MedPage Today and DoctorDirectory, and numerous other partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of analysts/engineers to build tools and frameworks that enables data driven decision making through data analysis, data insights, statistical and machine-learning applications.
- Drive business impact through both a sound understanding of our business models and driving deployment/implementation of platforms and analytics throughout the business.
- Represent our data and analytics capabilities to internal and external entities.
- Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members across different locations
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Operations Research
- 10+ years of experience in building scalable data models and applications
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience in two or more database technologies: MS SQL, Redshift, Oracle DBs, MySQL, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX shell
- Strong technical skills in Object-Oriented Programming along with expert-level experience with Python SciPy stack and/or R
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of design practices including OLTP, reporting, and OLAP; ETL and MDM data management tools
- Experience in implementing solutions in Cloud Platform (AWS, Google Compute, MS Azure, etc.,)
- Experience in Agile development is desirable
- Active contribution to technical communities
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.