Custom Content Production Manager - Ziff Davis
We are looking for a custom content production manager to oversee the process of creating sponsored content for Ziff Davis’ portfolio of brands in the UK including IGN, AskMen, PCMag, and Mashable.
Reporting into the manager of creative strategy, the production manager will work closely with our producers to ensure all projects are delivered on time and to budget. This role thinks up big, creative content ideas for clients and is responsible for their creation and success, all the while adhering to deadlines and internal guidelines. This role sits within the marketing team but collaborates with teams across the business including commercial, legal, editorial and video -- both in the UK and in Ziff Davis’ offices throughout the world -- on a daily basis.
- Brainstorming fun, innovative and interesting content ideas
- Creating -- and managing the creation of -- content for each platform Ziff Davis has a presence on (site, social media, YouTube etc). This will include working with freelancers where necessary, and writing scripts and articles as needed
- Working with commercial and editorial leads to decide on the best response to sponsorship briefs and then following the progress of our response to those briefs from brainstorm to publish
- Liaising with the editorial team to ensure any ideas generated meet the quality expectations of all Ziff Davis products
- Advising internal and external teams on the feasibility of any given idea and what timelines, budgets etc are needed in order to make something happen
- Maintenance of UK social media feeds
- Examining and analysing performance data of content to understand why something was or wasn’t successful and advising on what can be improved next time
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following qualities and experience:
- Content creation experience
- Ability to project manage
- Have a creative mind and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to set and stick to deadlines
- Ability to work with multiple teams and understand the different requirements from each
- Take a proactive approach to their work and keep up to date with industry and technology changes
- Have a passion for video games, movies and fan culture
- Experience in digital analytics is preferred; willingness to learn is essential
- A knowledge of the Ziff Davis portfolio (IGN, Mashable, AskMen, PC Mag) and our audiences
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.