Senior Web Developer
We are a group of cloud storage companies including Livedrive, SugarSync and KeepItSafe under the J2 Global Cloud Storage banner. Our platforms already protect millions of customers and we're growing rapidly through organic growth and partnership with big household names.
We have a fast moving, high-speed development environment and self-host our multi-petabyte storage cloud. We constantly optimise our platform for the best possible throughput and cost/GB.
We are looking for an amazing web developer to help team Eureka build and improve corp sites for Livedrive and our big brand partners as part of our cross-functional team based in Paddington.
You will be surrounded by people with experience in many areas and get the chance to collaborate and pair with them, learning new skills and mentoring other developers.
We're agile from bottom to top and rely on our engineers to help direct the company with planning sessions, standups, and retros. We insist on clean code and automated acceptance and unit tests.
Plus our friendly colleagues are always up to something, from pool tournaments and ping pong games to board game lunches and special days out.
- Build and maintain websites for Livedrive and our main partners.
- Always strive to deliver high quality products, even under time pressure.
- Focus on clean code and best practices.
- Ensure your code is bug free through automated tests and code.
- Always look to optimise applications for maximum speed and efficiency.
- Pair and share knowledge with others in the team
- Work closely with QA from the definition of new stories to the final release.
- Work with the rest of the team to define new features and improvements for our websites.
- Work closely with other stakeholders in an agile environment.
Requirements and Experience:
- 5+ years in a developer role, with 3+ years of experience with .NET.
- Proficient in C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SQL server/MySQL.
- Strong knowledge of web mark-up, semantic HTML, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS.
- Experience designing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Strong knowledge of design principles for building a scalable application.
- Responsive layouts and cross-browser support.
- SOLID design principles, clean code.
- TDD, unit and automated testing.
- Detail-oriented, with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Experience working in agile development environments.
- CMS experience.
- Good understanding of web accessibility standards.
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.