Senior Business Intelligence Developer
- Automate the collection of disparate data sources for our warehouse using third party API’s and performing ETL processes on the data to make the outputs more easily digestible.
- Working with large amounts of data and digging through facts and figures to find and report on data needed by end users
- Model our big data / data warehouse
- Creating and maintaining recurring and ad-hoc reports based on end user requirements
- Creating star schema data models
- Supporting implemented BI solutions by: monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues.
- Use statistical modelling to derive insights about our user base and to look for cost optimization
- Work with the development team to fine tune data gathering based on your previous analysis
- Provide reporting to management and influence decision making
- Maintaining relationships with end users to identify and develop additional data sources for the data warehouse consistent with business rules and customer needs
- 3 + years’ knowledge and use of ETL tool SSIS
- 3 + years’ knowledge and use of data warehousing and modelling methods, techniques, standards and procedures
- 3 + years’ knowledge and use of Microsoft SSRS and SQL Server
- 2 + years’ of coding experience
- 2 + years T-SQL Programming skills with experience in query optimization, report automation & performance tuning
- Experience in one of the following additional BI reporting/ETL Products an advantage: Tableau, SAP or R-Programming
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with MS Excel with ability to use v lookups, power query and power pivot
- Self-motivated with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High levels of mathematical ability with good skills in statistics and interpreting data sets visually and a strong grasp of data modelling
- Degree in Math’s/Statistics/Economics/Finance/Computer Science preferable with at least 1 A-Level in Math required
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.