Sr Financial Analyst / Finance Mgr - Ziff Davis
Senior Financial Analyst, Ziff Davis Tech & Commerce
Ziff Davis, LLC (www.ziffdavis.com) is a leading global digital media company operating in the technology, gaming, entertainment and lifestyle verticals. Our brands — IGN, PCMag, AskMen, Speedtest, Offers, ExtremeTech, Geek, Toolbox, TechBargains, emedia and Salesify, now joined by Mashable, Everyday Health, What to Expect and Medpage Today — produce and distribute premium content across multiple platforms and devices. It delivers advertising, performance marketing and licensing solutions to thousands of clients worldwide. Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM), is headquartered in New York and has offices around the world.
Ziff Davis LLC is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join its Tech & Commerce division. This individual will partner with the Senior Director, FP&A and key business leaders to oversee the budget & forecast process as well as assist with financial modeling and reporting of key operating benchmarks in support of Ad Sales & Brand Licensing Revenue as well as Ad Sales, Marketing, Ad Operations, and Editorial operational expenses. The individual will report to the FP&A Senior Director, with responsibility to the other senior team members of the Tech & Commerce division. This role will also work closely with accounting and financial planning teams across the Company.
- Consolidate and report results to senior management
- Establish and lead processes to coordinate analysis across the ZDTC organization to explain results and highlight risks and opportunities across several P&L lines both at recurring review meetings and in response to ad hoc queries
- Lead ad hoc deep dive analysis and participate in cross-functional initiatives to understand and respond to emerging business conditions
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships with key business partners to ensure alignment on strategies to maximize financial results
- Develop expertise in digital ad market trends, growth, and competition
- Review trends to identify, communicate, and take action on opportunities to leverage expense
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and build financial models to inform strategies, investment recommendations, and new business opportunities
- Support key business partners through the forecasting process for all quarterly estimates, annual budgets, and strategic plans.
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
- P&L analysis for all forecasting cycles, including understanding the division’s variances (e.g. vs. budget/prior year) and related risks and opportunities to the current forecast
- Respond to accounting and financial inquiries by researching and interpreting business unit and departmental financial data
- Actively communicate with divisional leaders across product, editorial, sales, and operational functions to track potential third party costs and alert all parties for monthly accruals
- During month-end close, partner with sales and ad operations to ensure the Company properly recognizes revenue.
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely.
- Work with Ad Operations and Sales Leadership in core Sales Functions:
- Inventory/Capacity Utilization and Analysis
- Pricing Analyses
- Client and Category mix, targets and analysis
- Proven expertise managing, evaluating, analyzing quickly and creating meaningful business reporting
- Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners – you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs in their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed
- Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
- Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Finance, Accounting or related filed required, MBA preferred
- 3+ years FP&A experience
- Exceptional data analysis and reporting capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Pride in accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment.
- Experience with financial accounting systems (eg, NetSuite, Adaptive Insights) a plus
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.