SEO Director - Ziff Davis
We are looking for an SEO Director to support our growing team. The Director, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) will have the primary responsibility of developing the multi-year vision, goals, strategies and tactics to drive step-change organic traffic to Ziff Davis properties including PCMag, Mashable, Geek and Computer Shopper, as well as conversion via a best-in-class onsite search experience.
- Evangelize the power of SEO in driving incremental traffic and positive business outcomes across the organization, partnering with key stakeholders in Marketing, Product, Engineering, Merchandising, BI, PR, Social and SEM to implement best practices that will optimize our SEO presence across all digital properties.
- Develop and oversee execution of a multi-year SEO strategy, which includes keyword selection/utilization, site architecture, best practices and product guidance
- Monitor SEO trends and investigate irregularities in performance.
- Gather and draw insights from data that can help define areas of improvements and optimization.
- Leveraging various internal and external tools to measure and report upon performance and troubleshoot and identify technical issues that might be affecting our overall ranking
- Development and execution against forecast goals
- Responsible for producing detailed functional requirements documents for SEO enhancements. Work closely with Product Managers to see through timely implementation, testing and release to production and monitor and measure results. Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to establish, and implement taxonomy, product data standards, guidelines, and best practices in order to optimize onsite search relevance.
- Lead internal training of search optimization best practices to increase overall search knowledge across the organization.
- Develop search measurement plans.
- Monitor and report on onsite search metrics and KPIs.
- Analyze search experience and performance.
- Rely on both qualitative and quantitative analyses to identify and execute opportunities for improvements.
- Design, oversee execution of, and report back on search experience testing (A/B, MVT).
- Develop, grow and retain a team of colleagues.
- Experience developing and implementing search optimization strategies, technical evaluations–crawlers, spiders, natural search white hat Search Engine Optimization with a proven track record in structured, logical thinking, problem solving, issue resolution and attention to detail and track record of successfully conceptualizing and managing discrete products end-to-end in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in SEO product development/management within a digital setting
- Experience partnering with multiple groups (Product, Engineering, Editorial) to define and execute on a road map
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.