Office Administrator (Contract)
Ziff Davis, LLC (www.ziffdavis.com) is a leading global digital media company operating in the technology, gaming, entertainment and lifestyle verticals. Our brands — IGN, PCMag, AskMen, Speedtest, Offers, Mashable, ExtremeTech, Geek, Toolbox, TechBargains, emedia, Salesify, Everyday Health, What to Expect and Medpage Today — produce and distribute premium content across multiple platforms and devices. It delivers advertising, performance marketing and licensing solutions to thousands of clients worldwide. Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of J2 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM), is headquartered in New York and has offices around the world.
Ziff Davis is looking for an experienced Office Administrator to help keep our Montreal office running smoothly. If you are a master at multi-tasking, have a knack for solving problems, anticipating needs, are known for being extremely organized and detail-oriented, we have the ideal role for you. The successful candidate is self-motivated with a proven track record in office administration and has excellent interpersonal skills. This is a contract role with opportunity to move to full time.
This role will also consist of tasks that support commerce projects across Ziff Davis and is a great opportunity to expand knowledge in this critical business function.
- Oversee all facility needs, i.e. maintenance, cleaning, security
- Communication to local office personnel regarding issues relating to the office
- Ensure office is organized and presentable
- Oversee plans for office updates and contractor management
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate contracts
- Manage employee key-card system
- Purchase and maintain office supplies and consumables to ensure consistent inventory
- Plan, organize and execute all local office events such as catered meals, parties, and meetings
- Serve as point of contact for mail, shipping and deliveries
- Receptionist duties – greeting visitors, answering phones
- Tasks that support website commerce across Ziff Davis, as indicated by the platform ops team
- Other duties, as needed
- 1-2+ years of experience managing busy offices
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, organized and ability to work independently
- Dependable, poised, polished and professional
- Strategic problem solver; assess situation, identify alternatives, dependably execute solutions
- Enjoy taking initiative and follow project through to completion
- Proven experience managing multiple assignments successfully
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality with business matters
- Experience with Microsoft Office and G-Suite
About j2 Global
Founded in 1995, j2 Global® (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and Onebox® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services’ November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include Mashable.com, IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2016, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 21 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com
At j2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
J2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401k, and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
J2 Global® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.